Our mission is to empower our students to pursue their passion for learning, lead lives of integrity and create socially responsible solutions.
The school will provide an educational experience that:
- is academically rigorous
- enhances student learning through a diversity of teaching practices and styles
- encourages independent thought, collaboration and artistic expression
- offers choices in curricular and co-curricular activities
- promotes environmental responsibility and social awareness
- is competitive by international standards
for a community that is united by the English language.
F. D. Roosevelt was founded in 1946 by American residents in
Peru. It is a non-sectarian, non-profit, private day school supported
by tuition and fees. The program is co-educational, non-residential
and extends from early childhood (age 3) through twelfth grade.The
school is governed by a 12-member Board of Directors representing
the Instituto Educacional Franklin Delano Roosevelt. The American
School of Lima is accredited by the AdvancED and the Peruvian Ministry of Education.
Total Pre-K - 12 enrollment is 1425 students including United
States citizens (22%), Peruvian citizens (55%), and nationals
representing 33 other countries (23%). Please refer to the Admissions section for details.